Highland Stag - Tutorial

Hello - I'm here today with a step by step tutorial for you. Today I've used the Large Deer from Lavinia Stamps to create an atmospheric mountain scene - here goes

I drew a rough plan on scrap paper of how I wanted my scene to look. This gives me an idea of where to add my stamps and sponge my mountains.
On a piece of white card stock I placed a post it note moon.
With a speedball brayer I added Smoky Slate (pale gray) ink to the top and the bottom covering the moon.
With a torn piece of post it note I began to sponge my background.
Using more post it notes and my drawing as a guide I built up my mountain background. This is all done with the Smoky Slate ink pad.
I then ripped more post it notes and created a rocky out crop in the foreground. For this I used Basic Black ink.
Remove all the post it note masks.
Some trees were added again using Basic Black ink. Stamp a few again before re inking to create some perspective.
The stag was stamped on top of the rocky outcrop in black ink.
The scene was then finished off with black sponging around the edges.

Please pop back later to see how I turned this scene into a card. See you soon x

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

Colour Refresh