Ship's Reflection

The card I am showing off today looks very CAS but was a little complicated to make and actually took me quite a long time! It's a ship at sea - take a look


So - how was it made? I'll tell you: firstly I inked up my stamp (from the stamp set Traveler) and I then took my brayer and rolled it carefully over my stamp - transferring the image. I then rolled my brayer over my piece of card stock. This gives a very faint image but more importantly when the image is upside down and the stamp is inked up again and stamped directly over it - it becomes the perfect mirror image.
The top half of the picture was masked off and the sea was sponged in. I then decided I wanted the sun behind my ship - that meant making a mask of the ship - did I tell you this was complicated???? Once the ship was masked off the sun from Kinda Eclectic was stamped and the sky sponged in.
The sentiment is from Painted Petals.

Thanks for popping by today - see you soon xx


Comments

  1. Just amazing Jacqueline - that sentiment is very apt! And you are amazing too - what talent! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this set too, especially that delicate fern. I love the pretty feminine look of your card. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is absolutely stunning!!! I agree with Vicky, you are amazing! xxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.