Markers vs Blendabilities

I did a party recently and as I was going through the Stampin' Up catalogue with the ladies one asked "what's the difference in the markers?" Well - one is alcohol ink (Blendabilites) and the other is a water based dye ink (Stampin' Write Markers) I replied.
"Yes - but what's the difference?" she insisted.
Hmmmmm - time to find out!
Here is a sheet of Whisper White card stock. It's very smooth and I find that it is excellent for colouring onto - not water colouring though.
I have stamped said card stock with the Blended Bloom stamp and coloured them with both sets of markers - take a look


Two of the blooms have been coloured with Stampin' Write markers - reds and greens and two have been coloured with the Cherry Cobbler set of Blendies and the Old Olive set of Blendies (you get three in each set, dark, medium and light).
Can you tell which is coloured with which? Well the top two are the Blendibilities. The colours are a lot richer and the blending is a lot smoother - here's a close up


Now a close up of the Stampin' Write Markers



I must admit that I don't see a huge difference - so I guess that's the answer to the original question however the real difference is in what else they can or can't do.
Blendies don't water colour like the water based markers however they are permanent. You can't colour your stamps with Blendies as they dry too quick to get a clear impression. That I think is one of the best things about the water based markers - you can stamp in many colours in one go - just give the stamp a good huff before stamping!
With Blendies though you can colour pearls and rhinestones and ribbon to match your projects - you can't do that with the others. You can however sponge and spritz with the water based markers.
So - which to choose. Well that is up to you. Only you can decide what it is you want to achieve with your markers.
Personally I prefer the Stampin' Write markers - I have a full set and use them all the time. Blendies - not so much and I only have a few. One thing that's for sure though is that Blended Bloom stamp - perfect for colouring in any medium and well worth any body's money!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.