Challenge #2 in The Male Room

Well I can safely say that the first challenge over in The Male Room was a huge success as we had over 100 entries! Challenge no.2 starts today and we have the theme of REFLECTIONS, Now this could be reflections on water, mirror images or if you are a scrap booker or make memory books perhaps a page looking back reflecting a memory - the choice is yours please just make sure it's male.

Here is my card

                                

This is the card I made recently for my Son's 20th birthday (I can't believe I have 2 children now in their 20's!). For this card I didn't use my brayer - although you could - I used my sponges to lightly dab the dark ink on to the card stock. The Midnight Muse ink is very dark but using a sponge meant that it could be lightly applied and built up gently to give the effect I was after. My moon was created from a punched post it note  - I made 2 actually so that the reflection was created, oh - and I did use my brayer to create the reflection of the ship. It's really easy - once you have created the background, ink up your stamp and then very carefully roll your brayer over the top. Make sure you have your card in the correct position and then roll your image from the brayer on to your scene - it's then the exact mirror image - simples. (I will do a tutorial if enough people want it).

Materials - Stampin' Up
Stamps: he Open Sea, Serene Silhouettes
Ink: Midnight Muse, Black Stazon
Card Stock: Whisper White, Very Vanilla
Accessories: Sponges, Brayer
(To order any of the above current items or items from the Annual Catalogue please e-mail me on deezinesart@gmail.com - a catalogue pdf can be found in the side bar. Items can be delivered direct to you - just £4.95 p+p any size order. Also see the special offers above in the top tabs - thanks).

Please don't forget to pop over and see what the other DT ladies have to show you and I hope to be visiting your blogs soon to see what you have created -

Comments

  1. A great reflection card for inspiration

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the card, Jacqueline! I love reflections in cards/scrapbooking but have never tried it. I would appreciate a tutorial. I think I understand what you posted but I'm a 'visual' learner...LOL! Thanks for sharing.

    Vicki Plaugher
    Fremont, CA

    ReplyDelete
  3. You excell at these wonderful scenic/reflection cards.. this is fabulous.
    congratulations on the success of this great challenge.
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very clever Jacqueline - I really like the reflection - and all done without a stamp-a-majig - LOL !!!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another gorgeous scene! I love how you've combined these two smashing stamp sets.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card for a male, I love it. I would really appreciate a video tutorial. I find it much easier to follow than a written tutorial.
    Thank you so much for all your inspiration. Love, Jeanne xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great reflection card! Thanks for sharing your work and congrts on the DT too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beauty this one is Jaqueline! Your son can't really be 20 - he must just be teasing lol! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.