Creating a Background

That's right - the title says it all - the new challenge at Make My Monday this week is to create your own background.
Now those who know me well know that i do not like getting inky and messy so this had to be a 'clean' background but I had great fun and I suppose I did end up getting a few inky fingers - take a look at what I did

 I used my my brayer inked up with Pretty in Pink ink at the top of my card stock - I used Stampin' Up Whisper White card stock as this is super smooth and gives a lovely finish for kind of work.
I then inked the brayer again - this time with Certain Celery and brayered the bottom of the card stock.
I also went around all the edges with the green.
Then (and this is the messy bit!) I used some bubble wrap to add some texture both in the green and pink.











After making my background I used it to make my card


Adding a darker pink of Primrose Petals card stock for my matting and layering I also added another panel of the Whisper White onto which I stamped my rose using the Stippled Blossoms set. This is a 2 Step set and the images were first stamped with Pretty in Pink and Certain Celery and over stamped with the details using Primrose Petals and Gumball Green. Some of the blooms were raised up on Dimensionals.



Now I know I said at the start of the year that I was going to decorate the insides of my cards - well I have been a bit lazy about photographing them - especially if it's just a sentiment. However with this card I couldn't resist adding some more stamping inside - take a look


This is a fun challenge so I hope you will join in, please do first pop over to take a look at the rest of the DT's work and I will see you soon.

All products highlighted above are Stampin' Up and can be ordered through me, all the details are in the top tabs or you could drop me an e-mail at deezineart@gmail.com - thanks - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Amazing background and really beautiful card! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Every time I see one of your cards made with Stippled Blossoms I gasp out loud Jacqueline. What a fantastic background too! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a gorgeous card, Jacqueline. I love your background, hun - the little bubble wrap impressions almost look like leaves to compliment that beautiful focal image. Great inside too.
    Hugz, Jan xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. I reiterate Vicky's comment... fabulous card. I might have to buy this stamp set.

    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. lovely card with a super background, great result with your bubble wrap. I bet you had fun making this card. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would never have guessed that it was bubble wrap stamping - they looked like little flowers, beautiful card.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Getting messy was well worth it Jacqueline, your card is stunning!

    Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  8. A beautiful background and I love that stamp set
    Rosie x

    ReplyDelete
  9. Gorgeous way of making your background. Love this two step stamp ( i have it meself). Your card is realy fabulous. Hugs, Ankie

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is pure fabulousness (if that's a real word :o) ) Jacqueline. I must try this technique. You have such a knack with that flower set. I ordered it because of the beautiful cards I've seen you make but I've yet to play with it (I think I am a bit scared for some reason).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Well, I always seem to end up with 'inky' fingers, so this technique should work for me! Love the bubble wrap texture and I think this is such an exquisite card. Thanks for sharing this technique; can't wait to play.

    ReplyDelete
  12. really gorgeous Jacqueline, and thanks for telling us how you did this x

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your background tutorial. It's so subtle but so effective on your card. x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Look at you using bubble wrap! LOVE this, Jacqueline! I adore the colors, too! And this stamp set is now on my NEED list after seeing this card and Laura's beautiful card! HUGS, friend! :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love this card Jacqueline, that stamp set is so stunning and you use it so well, I think I will have probs getting them in the right place. I love the bubble wrap effect and the colours are lovely. Another gorgeous card. You are so talented. Love Viji. x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.