A Blushing Butterfly

I have a challenge card for you today - for two challenges in fact, a colour themed challenge and a sketch - take a look


and



I found the colour combo a little strange at first (sorry ladies) but actually I'm really pleased with the end result.
Here it is


I've used two stamp sets: Simply Said (Poppy Parade stamped flower) and Precious Butterflies (Concord Crush stamped sentiment) - also used my very useful Butterfly Punch and Scallop Edge Punch. I have taken a leaf out of my friend Mynnette's book and added loads of  crystal bling!

Feeling a little blue today - Briony (my daughter) returned to uni today, she left the house in total uproar as she only finished her packing minutes before she left!
We were going to go with her but a friend offered to go and help out with transporting all her stuff and the unpacking - she didn't want us after that!!

Thanks for looking, see you soon - Jacqueline xx





Comments

  1. I was eyeing this sketch too but I've run out of time as usual! You've made a lovely job of it and of the colours too and I love the addition of the bling! You'll just about have got used to Briony not being there and she'll be back for Christmas! Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your use of the colours, I know what you mean about the colours this week, I did wonder what we were thinking?! Pink and red, but you've really made it work!
    Thanks for joining us this week at Simply Stampin'
    Kelly xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card Jacqueline - as you said, an unusual combo but you've done it proud. Love the sentiment. Agree with Vicky, Briony will be back for Christmas before you can say "lickety spit" (well something like that anyway!)
    Hugs.

    Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes an unusual colour combination but you're right it does work! Effective card! I will join you feeling a little sad ...and Danni has been gone over a week. xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Certainly an unusual colour combo Jacqueline, but you have made it work beautifully:) love that pink butterfly! Enjoy the peace and quiet and Briony will be back before you know it!
    Val x

    ReplyDelete
  6. What you have done with the colours certainly made it all work. I love your bling too! All the best for Briony xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. You have done a fabulous job getting the challenge colours too balance out. It was a tough colour challenge. You have made such a pretty card with all the flowers and pink butterfly. Thanks for taking on our challenge this week at Simply Stampin'.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So pretty. Lovely use of the colours and the added bling gives a lovely sparkle. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fab card Jacqueline made with that very challenging colour combo! Love the sparkle your bling brings! Thanks so much for joining us again at Simply Stampin'! Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a stunning card....pretty design. I have worked for the Print VIP cards company and this design inspire me so much. I would like to try once to design like this, if you don't mind. I appreciate this.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.