Sympathy Card

I find sympathy cards very difficult to do - I don't want to make them too dark and depressing but then I don't want to go over the top either. Hopefully I got the balance right with this one


Fortunately for me it was for no one that I knew, a past Chairman of our local Village Hall passed away and this was the card I sent his wife on behalf of the present committee.
It's very simply done - matting and layering with navy and cream card stock, the flourish stamped from Everything Eleanor and a few tiny flowers with gems.
My sentiment stamp is a 99p find at my local craft shop.

Right I'm off now to build me an ark - we have had thunder and torrential rain since early this morning and as I live on a hill we are now an island - the lane is flooded both ends!!!! - Bye for now - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Very tasteful and elegant - I'm sure it will be well received.

    Hope you've ordered your snorkel and flippers too!! Stay safe on your island!

    Kathyk

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is really lovely Jacqueline and just right for such a sad occasion which I find difficult too.
    Does sound like weather for ducks up there and hope you're not marooned for too long.
    Hugs, Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think this is the perfect balance. I've been struggling to make some sympathy cards recently too. They are so hard to get right.
    We've just had a thunderstorm and it's like someone just turned the lights back on!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a tasteful design for a sympathy card - always difficult to make. Sorry to hear about your weather but at least you have an excuse to stay in and make cards

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely design, and gorgeous colour choice. Hope the rain stops for you soon! M x

    ReplyDelete
  6. We all hate making sympathy cards Jacqueline but this is perfect. You must be glad you're on the high ground - isn't this weird weather awful. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hope the ark is up and working! ;) But on a serious note, I am so sorry for your friend's loss. This is a perfect sympathy card--it is really pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.