Yellow

It's an interesting colour challenge this week at Less is More  - they would like to see YELLOW in our clean and simple projects.
Here is my card


My 5" x 5" card blank has had a mat of white card stock added which has first been put through my 'Bug in the Swiss Dots embossing folder. I then die cut a fancy square onto which I stamped the fern leaf from Growing Green. The rose was stamped onto a scrap of white card stock, coloured with Promarkers and then cut out and attached with 3D foam pads.

I said that this was an interesting colour choice for a challenge because I don't use yellow all that much but more interestingly I had been thinking about yellow roses. I am visiting my mum and dad at the weekend and we will probably take some flowers to my Gran's grave - yellow roses - this seemed the obvious card to make.
See you soon - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. This looks simply fabulous. Swiss dots is my favourite embossing folder and the overall effect is stunning!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such an elegant card, unlike many, I like yellow. Caz

    ReplyDelete
  3. gorgeous. Very stylish design, great use of texture. I love this.

    Marrigje

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the texture on this LIM card with the touch of yellow - a nice sunny colour for a grey and wet day

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the real punch of colour your yellow rose gives Jacqueline. I'm a big fan of yellow roses and carried them at my autumn wedding. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely combination of embossing and die cuts, with the marvellous pop of yellow colour just leaping out!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Super card. Love the embossing and the bright pop of yellow.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. I, too, don't use enough yellow! I ADORE this, so may I CASE it? I'll of course give you credit for original design, and I won't use it for this challenge. I just REALLY love the layout! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunning card Jacqueline - love the Swiss dots and overall simplicity of the card - gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness this is absolutely gorgeous! Growing Green is a fave set of mine and you've done a fab job with it, I LOVE this card muchly! I don't use yellow all that often but I feel a CASE of this card coming on! Thanks for the inspiration Jacqueline!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  11. Just lovely
    The embossing looks FAB
    Thank you very much
    mandi
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.