52CCT - Sketch Challenge

Morning all - it's a new round of challenges at 52CCT and it's Mynnette's month and she starts us off with this lovely sketch - take a look

Here is my first card


The background paper is some that was given to me by a friend and taken from a huge pad of Christmas scrapbook papers. I teamed it up with some Basic Black and Cherry Cobbler and although I haven't used any for years - a piece of gold mirri. I ran the mirri card through the Cuttlebug in my Swiss Dots embossing folder. My stamped sentiment is from Papermania and placed on some die cut card - I added some black organza ribbon as a finishing touch.


Here is my second card



This is some more paper that my friend gave me - from the same pad and this time I teamed it up with Poppy Parade. I used some vellum which was again run through the 'Bug this time in a snowflake embossing folder. Don't know where I got my glittered snowflake from - it's just always been there!
Here is a close up of my bow


I made this bow as an homage to Sue Wilson. She's been on Create and Craft a lot recently and I just love her cards with their huge bows and embellishments. (She has a blog too and I strongly recommend a look. It's HERE if you are interested)

OK - if you are still with me after all that - thank you and it just remains for me to say please pop over to see Mynnette's gorgeous cards and happy crafting.
Bye for now - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Oh my gosh, these are FABULOUS! Okay, so totally jealous of that bow! AMAZING--and so not your usual! LOVE these!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Absolutely smashing cards! The bow on the second card is lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are both lovely Jacqueline but I'm blown away by the second card. I love the colour scheme and the perfect iridescent embellishments. Vicky x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both cards are fab Jacqueline, the first one is so rich and the second one so fresh! I love the blue and red combo on the 2nd card and your bow is so lovely and luxurious!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.