Something a little bit different

Here are a couple of cards that I made today whilst out playing at Jane's. She makes fabulous vintage cards all the time which you can see here and today was one of her classes where I had a go myself.
She had loads of papers, images, ribbons and embellishments to choose from and this is what I made


I started off by using some cream decorative paper that I distressed and inked with Tim Holtz Distress Inks. The red holly is an Anna Griffin Stamp as is the border at the bottom. A rosette was added with a die cut snowflake. Jane had die cut some lacy borders which went really well with my chosen image.


This one started off as navy card which was layered with some red paper. Again this was distressed and inked. The vintage image was distressed also and stamped with a cute little holly stamp and some Brilliance ink. The doily was treated in the same way before layering behind the image and some ribbon added. The snowflakes were inked with more Brilliance ink and the finishing touches were smaller snowflakes and flat backed gems.
Hope you enjoyed your visit here today - see you again soon - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Oh, wow! These are fabulous!!! LOVE the details on the second one--that bow is so cute and the perfect touch and that doily print made my heart happy!!! :) Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mornin jacqueline, love these vintage cards, just gorgeous. I like the rosette and the gingham bow is perfect... do you use a bow maker?
    Suzi b xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are gorgeous Jacqueline and it's a real pleasure to see you doing my favourite vintage style too. Love the distressing on the cards.
    Fliss xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jacqueline, these have come out so well ! The layouts are fab and you put the materials together so imaginatively ! I had fun too must finish my card today and some !!!
    Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such lovely vintage style! Sounds like you had great fun! Vx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.