Making the most of a mistake.

Sometimes when trying out a new technique I will practice first - just to make sure I know what I am doing and last week I did just that. I practised the sky - sponging round the edges of a scallop circle, I used my new tree stamps - these worked really well and all was going swimmingly. Then I stamped my birds on a branch stamp and it all went a bit wrong. I had over inked my stamp and transferred that to my paper. I threw it away in disgust and started again.
The thing is I couldn't throw it away so I started to play (after all I had nothing to lose) - I added a touch of Rock Candy Distress Stickles to the birds, coloured over my mistakes with a green marker pen and low and behold my mistake had turned into a masterpiece - well I think so anyway!! - take a look
The bird in the bottom right hand corner is punched from the Stampin' Up 2 Step bird Punch and I added a little green gem for his eye.
I am now on a mission - my husband usually works from home ............... in the kitchen - which is a huge pain as he really gets in my way. Well he is away today so I have the chance to have a good tidy up while he is gone - see you later - Jacqueline xx

Comments

  1. Hi Jacqueline... doesn't look like any mistakes to me.... That birds on the branch stamp is fab!
    Suzi B xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. We crafters don't throw much away do we? This piece has been recovered very well - love the little black bird with the green eye.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous cover up. Haven't I said this previously? There is no such thing as a mistake, with time, patience, a little thought and perserverance they can all turn into 'Happy Accidents'. I should know I've made many, many mistakes. lol Caz

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.