Stampin' File.

I was recently visiting one of my favourite blogs and I came across a really useful post - here. Linda had outlined her way of organising her stamps and storing them. She also asked for crafters to leave comments with their own tips for organising. I left my comment but I also thought that I would put my way here too on my blog.
I am not a Stampin' Up demonstrator but I do workshops and my stamps of choice are usually Stampin' Up.
I find that they are good quality and there are many in a set so there are plenty to go round at a workshop.  I also make up samples before a workshop and to illustrate the sets I have made a series of index files for all my sets and I have stored them in a stand - up flip file.
Each set has been stamped onto copy paper and laminated so that it doesn't deteriorate and each set has a number which corresponds with the number of the actual set.

When the set retires - the number turns red
There are dividers to separate the main catalogue stamps from the minis and Sale-a-Bration sets and also dividers for the Hostess sets. Tabs have been made for these using the Tab Punch - very useful! Then when it needs to go away it can fold up, be secured with an elastic band and stored on a shelf.
I used the Simply Said set to decorate the cover along with Flight of the Butterfly.
So - come on - I'm intrigued, how do you organise yours? Inquiring minds want to know!
Hope every one has fun tomorrow - whether you are wedding watching or not - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. You are so organised - and I've always said you should be a demo! I'm not half as organised, I just have most of my stamps displayed on thin shelves above my desk. Because I'm a demo, I tend to work with current stamps so I don't run out of space and I like to look up and be inspired. I keep sentiments in a basket and my background stamps stacked on a shelf.

    Have fun tomorrow too - can't wait to see the frock! Vx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Jacqueline

    I have recently discovered the world of 'blogs' and I hop around the internet clicking here and clicking there. I found your blog from the link at http://simplystampinchallenge.blogspot.com.au/

    Then I thought I would look at some of your labels. As I have a few of the stamp sets on your list. I have 49 Stampin' Up sets. To catalogue them, I keep them in alphabetical order. I also have an excel spread sheet that has them listed. For a visual though I either take the index card from Splitcoast Stampers or place them on my scanner bed and scan an image of the stamps. I then store a digital image in my Mac on iPhoto and sync to my iPhone. So I always have the index cards on hand. If I have saved an image of a card I label it in iPhoto and can then search for all cards made from a particular stamp set.

    I love your blog and will be visiting regularly.

    Thank you Nikki

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.