A Very Traumatic Time.

I was enjoying my Sunday morning - the loss of the hour didn't bother me much and as my work on a Sunday has now ceased I decided to sort some of my washing. I have a room just off my kitchen where I keep my tumble drier and hang my washing to dry. As I went into said room I heard a rustling, I looked behind me and there was the biggest spider I have seen in a long time - it was HUGE! Now my usual reaction is to scream hysterically and run for my life but I am in the house on my own no one will rush gallantly to my aid - what should I do? I run into the kitchen and slam the door but the thing is only inches away from my clean washing - what if it runs and hides in it and then jumps out at me later. I realise that I have the advantage here - it's out in the open and I can deal with it - oh yes I grab a glass and attempt to cover it. But did I mention that it's the biggest spider - IN THE WORLD - a simple glass is not big enough. I have to rush off and find a plastic tub. Now in all this time it has not moved - it's conserving it's energy, I pluck up the courage to slowly inch closer (after placing a rubber band around my wrist to prevent it running up my sleeve)and I succeed in containing the beast. I am now free to collapse on the floor hyperventilating and quivering like a jelly. Now I know I could have taken it out straight away with my broom but I'm not like that - 'let a spider run alive ' and all that so I can now forget about it till my husband comes home and he can deal with it. So I wait - I check on it now and then just to make sure that it doesn't over turn the tub in a desperate bid for freedom - but it doesn't move - not even a millimetre. My husband returns I puff out my chest 'look how brave I am - I captured a spider all by myself'' - my husband goes to put it out and.........it's dead. All that effort - the blood, sweat and tears and fear and I captured a dead spider - good job no one was looking!
Hope you all enjoy the rest of your weekend and I hope that your rooms remain spider free! Blogger is playing up and won't let me post any pic today so I will come back with some later - Jacqueline xx.
EDIT: OMG - just seen my comments and Cath in Cyprus has tarantulas running about her yard - I am so not paying her a visit! No offence Cath xx.

Comments

  1. OMG !!!!!! You're braver than me,I'm affraid any spider in my house has to die or get eaten by Monty ( my beloved golden retriever ). Hope there are none for Tuesday or I might just have to bring the dog!!!!!! Loving your work as usual. Bev.x

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL you have cheered up my day.....

    Cathx

    PS we normally get tarantulas at this time of year running around the courtyard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you so much for this amazingly funny story. I so needed a good laugh & this really did help ALOT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The worst one was the one on the bedroom wall..... I didn't sleep in that room that night! Will put a photo on my blog for you if I can find it.

    Cathx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so funny! Because it is so true - I recognise my own behaviour in all your description. You deserve a medal/chocolate/new stamps (delete as applicable!)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.