Lovely Trees.

Hello lovely crafters - it's hard to believe that the school holidays are over and my son is returning to school on monday. Which means no more sleeping in but getting up early and making sandwiches and making sure he doesn't miss the bus. Daughter on the other hand is having a fine time doing nothing at all while filling in on-line recuitment forms. Although she she got two B's and a C she has defered her uni place 'till next year.
So, I bring before you today another Christmas Card (could also be a New Year card). I went to a Stampin' Up party a couple of nights ago where I ordered some new stash (Vintage Vogue set eek....can't wait to get it!) and while I await it's arrival I have been playing with my Lovely as a Tree set. That was the set that was showcased on the night and everyone had a great time and made some stunning cards. (My friend Jane also put on some very tasty refreshments and there was wine - very nice).
So back to the card - here it is

This card was actually an experiment - which turned out quite good! I'm really into brayering at the moment (as you probably noticed!) So I punched out my moon and brayered over with Brocade Blue ink, removed the moon, stamped my fir tree a few times in the same ink and then stamped some in versa mark. I sprinkled on some white embossing powder and heated it with my heat gun. It's mounted onto a 5" x 5" card blank and I used a paper punch down the side before inking the edges with Night of Navy ink.
Thanks for stopping by and looking, hope to see you again sometime - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.