Things with Wings.

This is a project which has been a long time in the making. It has been in the back of my mind for absolutely ages and should have been finished for at least two challenges, but somehow it just didn't happen. I reckon I was subconsciously (yikes - big word!) waiting for this NEW challenge blog to begin.
The new blog is Simon Says Stamp and Show. It encourages art work in the style of Tim Holtz, Wendy Vecchi and other vintage greats.
This week's theme is 'Things with Wings'

So - my wingy thingy was made with a mini canvas (4" x 4") and I painted it with a turquoise acrylic paint. The frame was then rubbed with Brushed Corduroy distress ink and gold acrylic. I then used some Stampin' Up stamps to give some foliage detail. The roof is made from chipboard and Grungepaper coloured with DI's again and Grungepaper flowers and leaves. My bird is also Grungepaper cut with a die in my Cuttlebug and I also put it through an embossing folder before I coloured it with DI and gold acrylic paint. A few blingy bits finished off the flowers. The piece de resistance is the gorgeous nest and eggs in the middle of the frame very kindly given to me by my friend Rosie - thanks Rosie xx.
Please go and see all the wonderful stuff over on Simon Says - it really is worth seeing. Bye for now - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. Oh Wow Jacqueline ... I am soooo glad you got this one out of your head so we can all share it ... it is lovely ... so much work and detail ... great stuff! Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show for our very first challenge ... here's hoping we see you again next week :0)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your canvas is just adorable! Love the colors and all your details!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMW...your creation is ABSOLUTELY AMAZING!!! thank you sooo much for sharing!!

    Thanks bunches for playin' along with the Design Teamies and Simon Says Stamp and Show Challenge!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiya Jaqueline, I am very glad that you finished your thingy wingy hun cause it is absoltuely georgous. wow....what a piece of art.
    Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp and Show and I hope you will join us again next week. Hugs Terry xxxx

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.