Just For a Change....

...I decided to make something for ME. I make loads of cards and papercraft items and more often than not they end up being sold or used for family and friends. So as I said this is for me

My diary/organiser has disintergrated in my handbag and all my pages have got ripped and dogeared. So I have made a new one. I painstakingly printed off various pages - ('cos I have customised it for my own personal needs), and made dividers. The covers are made of grungepaper coloured with Tim Holtz distress inks - Tattered Rose and Brushed Corduroy. I then sort of used a technique I saw recently on Wendy Vecchi's blog where she colours her grungepaper flowers white before colouring them with ink - I used white acrylic paint instead of a white ink pad. So after colouring the flowers white I used some Stampin' Up ink pads to colour them, I then stamped over them with various stamps from my stash.

As you can see I attached the flowers with jumbo brads - I thought that if I just glued them on after a few days of rocketing around my handbag they would all fall off! I then thought I would be super clever and make some kind of a closure. I have recently purchassed a tool thingy that attaches press-studs, the only problem was there were no word instrutions - only pictures and to work the bloomin' thing you needed the strength of the bionic man. Any how my organiser does now sport a posh press-stud closure. To hold the thing together I used Tim Holtz D-Rings and I think I may even make some little dangly thingy to hang on it.
If you are still reading this you may be interested to know that I will be submitting this to the Sunday Stampers challenge over on Hels Sheridan's blog - if you haven't seen her work yet please go and take a look - it really is mind blowingly fab. See you soon - Jacqueline xx.

Comments

  1. Oooh, this is FAB, what a great idea.. I have some of those D Rings and never thought to use them for a book... I know, I am thick LOL Thanks for joinin in with the Sunday Stamper x

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.