Creating an Art Journal

Mother's Day today, bit upset - no gifts. Had a card from my son but nothing from my daughter. She was out clubbing 'till 3.30 this morning and it looks like she has forgotten. Never mind I will spend the day crafting to cheer myself up. If, like me, you are an avid reader of Craft Stamper magazine you will know that they have just finished a three part series on Art Journaling. I have also seen examples of this on other people's blogs, and I thought "What a lovely idea".(Check out "Rosie's Arty Stuff" blog for some wonderful inspiration). I have decided to make my journal as a series of pages - one for each month - which I will then bind when it is finished. I completed January's today as you can see from the picture below.


The inspiration came from all the snowy weather we experienced and one of my favourite carols - "In The Bleak Mid-Winter" by Christina Rosetti, and of course I used plenty of Stampin' Up materials. Next I think I will create the cover and maybe a box to keep all the pages in 'till I have finished. Hmm - just seen the very thing with all my husband's stuff.......yoink!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Beauty of the Deep

Starting the Year with a Christmas Card

In The Frame.